Goodbye 2015, Hello 2016

Hello!

Christmastime is almost here and I am so excited! Christmas is my favourite holiday. It's so magical seeing the sparkling snow everywhere, the Christmas lights twinkling, big evergreen trees covered in shiny baubles, and everything is decorated in glitter. My favourite! Not to mention all the wonderful foods such as pumpkin pie, turkey, and hot cocoa. Next to Thanksgiving, Christmas is one of the tastiest times of the year. However, to me, the most magical part of Christmas is getting to spend time with my family. We like to get together with a lot of our family on Christmas Eve, get all dressed up and attend a Christmas Eve candlelight service, have a big dinner together, and open presents. Maybe Christmas isn't as magical for you, and that's okay. Everyone has their favourites :)

Speaking of the Christmas season, school is finally out!!! I can't believe the semester is over, where did the time go? I remember starting the semester and feeling like all those classes were going to last forever. Well, that certainly didn't happen! I took nineteen credit hours this semester and I finished with straight A's! I didn't think that would happen, so I'm pretty proud. Next semester will be quite a bit smaller, only thirteen credit hours for the first eight weeks and then twelve credit hours for the last eight weeks. I have a half-semester class that's only worth one credit hour but I need it for my psychology degree. Yay, psychology! I'm finally getting to start on that!

I suppose as the year is closing out, this would be a fantabulous time to reflect on the year. For me, it's definitely been a year of growth:
 •I started out the 2015 Spring semester with a great deal of social anxiety and some borderline depression which made the semester rather difficult. I wasn't able to pull myself out of that funk because I was serching for solace in the wrong places. Over the summer, I attended a youth summer camp and a missions trip to Haiti as well as spent nearly a month with my ever wonderful cousins and had such a spiritual revival in that time. When it came to my faith over the last several years, even though I had been saved, I had a tendency to question if I really was saved. Like, how did I know my heart was earnest when I prayed that special prayer? After this summer, I don't doubt that anymore. I've seen God work in some pretty amazing ways and I've seen His love for me and how He takes care of me. How can I doubt something like that? I can't, and I don't. Starting the Fall 2015 semester, even though it was a heavier courseload, I was far better prepared to take it on. I knew I had my God on my side and that I didn't have to worry about going through it all alone, He was going to help me. At one point I nearly slipped back into that borderline depression, but this time I was prepared. I turned my focus to God and I gave Him all my worries and by the time the day was half over I was fine again. He loves us, you guys. 
•I've grown in confidence over this last semester. I had to take a public speaking class for my AA degree. Public speaking is not my thing. While I am an Introverted person, I also happen to be a shy person. Talking in front of people is not my idea of a good time. However, I needed the class so I decided I was going to make the most of it. Better to have excited energy than nervous energy, amiright??? Now that the class is over, I can honestly say the biggest thing I took away from it was confidence. I don't even know where to begin talking about how my confidence has changed. IT just has. You'll have to take my word for it :P I don't think I'd be blogging much without that confidence, so there's something.

I suppose this is also a good time to talk about the new year. Everyone does New Year's Resolutions, it wouldn't be right without them, even if you can't stick to them. I'd like to stick to a workout plan better this year. I'd also like to make a time for God everyday. I haven't really tried to do that before and I think it would be so good. Those are my two biggest goals for 2016. Otherwise, I haven't thought about it too much. I may have to come back to this at a later date.

Bible verse time! My wonderful mommy left me four Bible verses in my backpack during finals week and I'd like to share them all with you as they have a similar theme: peace.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. " ~Isaiah 41:10

"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you." ~Isaiah 26:3

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." ~John 14:27
"Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall." ~Psalm 55:22

And finally, and OOTD (teehee)
My mother made my hat. Everything else is either from a thrift store or are hand-me-downs.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Three Ghosts of Christmas: Past

Be a Hippie for Christ